This past March my sweet baby turned the big 1 year old! As a first time mom you can imagine the pressure to have the perfect first birthday planned by the 10 month mark. I looked into everything from rental spaces to party themes and as I posted my 1,000th picture to the EJ board of my Pinterest I thought about the insane amount of money we were about to shell out for one day. IT WAS INSANE! We are a military family so it would cost $600 alone to just fly to Georgia to have the party, approx $400 to rent a space and I could keep listing things but lets just say the total was painful. It was at that point where I decided this was a horrible idea and as much as I wanted everyone there, they wouldn’t come out of pocket to have the party. A light bulb went off and as a Florida resident I have no idea why this idea didn’t come much sooner. It met all of my needs…Unique, fun, entertaining and memorable! Lets take him to DISNEY WORLD for the most magical first birthday!! As you can imagine, we received tons of backlash about how we were wasting money to take him to a place he would not remember but in my firm stance we experienced quite the opposite and it was quite easily one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Here are 10 reasons you should take your baby to Disney World!
- It is FREE for kids under 3. For everyone who thinks Disney World is a waste of money for babies its completely not true. Kids under 3 are free and are able to share the same experiences as everyone else. This means free entry to all parks, free admissions to shows, free stay at the hotel. Whats better than free?
- There is plenty to do! One of the misconceptions about Disney Vacations is that babies will not be able to do anything. FALSE! Magic Kingdom is geared for people of all ages from 1-100 there is something for you to do or see. We were able to take him on quite a few rides, tons of shows, took pictures with characters and More!
- The lines aren’t that bad! Another misconception about Disney is that the lines are way too long for babies to wait in. Although that could be true, Disney has a wonderful thing called FAST PASSES and 3 a day come with your ticket purchase. All you have to do is pick the rides you would like to go on and the times in advance and you’re good to go.
- They will love the shows! Maybe you’re a little skeptical about taking your baby on a ride but they have tons of shows for the kids. The show lines are typically not long, they are air conditioned and have plenty of dancing and singing to keep the little one’s attention.
5. It makes for a perfect scrapbook! There is a huge chance that your baby could be sleep during a lot of pictures but sleep or awake, these memories make for the perfect scrapbooking theme and for me that was absolutely a win.
6.It can be cost effective! Now this isn’t true for everyone but for us it absolutely was. We were able to receive the military and Florida resident discount and hands down saved a ton of money on his birthday. If you think that you could be eligible for any discounts be sure to ask before booking !
7. They give FREE stuff! If you’re going for a special occasion such as birthday or first time visit you can be sure to get something for free like a button, souvenir, or maybe discount in the park.
8. Park security is kid friendly! Like any park there are thorough security checks but Disney parks are very understanding of the items parents need to bring especially for small children. Bring your milk, bring outside snacks, bring whatever you need. There will be little to no hassle with security.
9.There are several baby accommodations! Baby care centers are in all of the parks which is perfect for changing diapers or feedings. Many of them have sinks, microwaves, sofas and a station that sells items you may have forgotten just in case.
10.It really is the most Magical experience! If you are anything like me, Disney played a very important role in my childhood so being able to share and pass down the magic to my baby was a beautiful experience that we will cherish forever.